Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Thoughts On... [Birthdays!]

Tomorrow is the big day. It's the one day that I generally count down the days for months in advance. Tomorrow is my birthday. It's somewhat strange, I honestly didn't realize that my birthday was coming up until a couple of weeks ago, when my friend asked me what I wanted for my birthday, (this is a question I can never answer; I never know what I want), and when I asked her why, she said "Because your birthday is in, like, 10 days." 


MIND BLOWN. 


I had completely forgotten about my own birthday! In the years before, I would count down the days as soon as the new year started. It was something that was exciting, but this year, it really never crossed my mind until someone else had mentioned it to me. I don't know what this means. Maybe I have gained a new sense of maturity and have become less focused on myself, (but anyone who knows me well can say that I am too big of a dork to be mature), or maybe this adult(ish) life of working, taking hard classes so I can transfer to engineering school, and all other stressors associated have just preoccupied my mind. I am thinking that my forgetting my birthday is supposed to remind me to take a step back and breath every once and while, and not let myself get so caught up everything that is going on. It is life's way of telling me to stop and smell the roses. 



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I just posted on theinbetweenismine.com (who is also sponsoring Sunday Morning Sugar this month, along with me- hi!) about how everyone seems to have March birthdays in the blogging world! I have one too! I'm convinced that Pisces must be natural bloggers. Anyway, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, and thank you for the birthday wishes! Pisces are expressive and creative, so it's only natural that they would be!

    ReplyDelete