Sunday, November 13, 2011

Saving the Day in Dreamland

So, as I was taking the most amazing little nap today, I had the most badass dream. It started off where I was at UNF, and I was in this little cafe with some of my friends. Some guy started playing guitar and singing country songs, and it was a lot of fun, but then I had to go to class. In the dream, the Jacksonville Airport was owned by UNF and was on UNF, and my class was in the airport. So, I went inside a terminal, and was trying to find my class, but my clothes kept falling out of my laundry bag, and I was getting really irritated.

Then, all of a sudden, there were cops on a stairway next to me (I was on the second floor), and they said, "There's Chicago, he has a gun." There was a guy in a Chicago Bulls jacket. The cops surrounded him and said he was under arrest, and he was like, "Woah, woah woah", then proceeded up the staircase and was right by me. I dropped down and tred crawling on my belly to escape being by the guy, but he pulled out his gun while I was trying to go down the staircase, and starting firing. It didn't fire bullets, but it fired weird slow-moving plasma balls. I got burned by one, and was not happy, then all of a sudden, the guy was like, "You're Chelsea, right?" then points the gun in my face.

He started talking to me, and I tried to keep him talking as long as possible to prolong him pulling the trigger. He said, "Chelsea, don't you think you should be doing more with your life?"
I said, "Well, I'm 18 and have interned with NASA, I think that's pretty good."
The guy then said, "Well, if life gives you a gun and tells you to pull the trigger, would you do it?"
I replied with, "Well, maybe, but honestly sir, I really don't like having them pointed in my face." He laughed and then handed the gun to me, and told me, "Well life is handing you a gun. Will you take it?" I took the gun and he said, "Good! Well, what's the name of your neighborhood? I want you to point the gun in the direction of the place where you grew up."

Well, then I pointed behind him, and said, "Is that direction West?" He looked behind him and started to answer, but while he had his head turned, I jumped up on him, pulling him down the stairwell to the landing where the police were, and they pinned him down. I looked at him and said, "When life gives me a gun, I don't pull the trigger. But when necessary, I'll use my taekwondo training to defend myself."

I woke up after that, and I was thinking how different that dream is from my normal ones. I usually have reoccuring dreams that include me flying and running from evil, but this time, I confronted it head on. Even though it was just a dream, it was awesome. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment