Monday, May 7, 2012

The Avengers & Five Points

So, this past week, I went and saw the long anticipated film, The Avengers. I went twice, once with one of my friends, once with my brother, at Sun Ray Cinema at Five Points.



Now, if you haven't been to this quaint theater, I definitely recommend it. It's not like mall theaters, and it's really cool. When you walk in, the walls are all painted, and they have old-school arcade games, such as Galaga and Ms. PacMan. You can also buy alcohol at this theater, unlike most local theaters. Before the movie, they had a preshow with old Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor cartoons, and during the film, they even had a five minute intermission. 




SPOILERS! SKIP IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ.
The movie itself was INCREDIBLE. I was really worried that they would not be able to equally focus on each superhero, and they wouldn't be able to develop it well without making it a four-hour type of movie, but they did an excellent job giving each superhero adequate screen time. It was your typical good vs. evil plot; Loki sought to rule Earth, and The Avengers assembled after some time to kick ass and protect the Earth. My favorite scene was when the Hulk slammed Loki in the ground repeatedly after Loki's declaring humans and everyone beneath him since he's a "god". I was also really impressed by Scarlett Johansson's portrayal of Black Widow. If there has ever been a badass female spy, it's her. 
END OF SPOILERS. 

We also got some pretty cool pics while we were in the area.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment