Thursday, June 21, 2012

I love tattoos.

It is a simple truth. To me, tattoos are beautiful. Don't get me wrong, there are horribly executed and bad tattoos, but as a whole, I find them to be a wonderful, personal expression. I know they aren't everyone's particular cup of tea, a lot of people I know aren't fond of the idea of having something permanently etched on their body, but to each their own. Some tattoos are very unique, some have awesome stories or meanings to them, some are just spur of the moment or "I just got it because I liked it!".

I've never really "advertised" it before, but I myself have a tattoo.



This is my pi symbol! As someone who enjoys math, it was a perfect choice of a tattoo. I've had it for a little over two years now, and I've never grown tired of it. It's just a part of me, and I really love it. I will get more tattoos in the future, (this summer maybe?), and I know like my first, I won't regret them. Like pi, my future tattoos will also be easily covered and mean something to me. All in all, I love tattoos.

What about my readers? What are your opinions on tattoos? Anyone have any tattoos/stories they would like to share?

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty bad ass. Kind of made me think about math symbols and the possible symbolism of them as tattoos. Im kind of fond of integration and integrands. On that topic, I read a book recently that I think you'd probably love since you like engineering and math. Might really love it if you like dystopian novels like 1984 or Fahrenheit 451. The book is We by Yevgeny Zamyatin. It is really really good and rather short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've considered expanding with more math symbols, connected by the sign for integration, if that makes any sense? It might make more sense if it was actually drawn out, I don't know how to describe it very well. The next tattoo I'm planning on getting though is a galaxy. But thanks for the book recommendation! I just looked it up; it seems really good! I'll have to find it at the library.

      Delete