Monday, July 9, 2012

News articles worth reading

Melinda Gates, a woman who I deeply admire, is fighting for women around the world to have the power to determine their future. The No Controversy foundation is fighting for worldwide access to contraceptives.
Google, a company that supports equal rights among all employees, is fighting anti-homosexuality laws in various countries with its "Legalize Love" campaign. (Note that they are fighting for anti-discrimination laws, not necessarily or exclusively same sex marriage).



Have you read any articles worth mentioning, or have opinions on the articles I've posted? I'd love to discuss thoughts and opinions!






Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I thank you for these articles. I enjoyed reading all of them. The one that I thought was the best was Why the discovery of the Higgs Boson matters. I was excited about the discovery even if I do not understand it completely and was appalled at the lack of interest in the media about it. I mean, I adored Andy Griffith, but his death should not have been bigger news than this amazing discovery. I, also, being a lover of amazing pictures loved the Mars pictures. I am happy that Google is fighting for the rights of the homosexual community. I feel strongly in equal rights for all. Of course, I also admire Melinda Gates fight for a woman's right to control their own futures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I agree with you completely on all of the articles, especially the one about the Higgs. Very few people realize what a big deal it is, and how it is one of the greatest scientific discoveries within our lifetimes (yet who knows what the future holds!).

      Delete
  2. Hi Chelsea! hope you check out my new post, did some changes on my blog design, thanks to you (I mentioned your site there). If you're looking for cool templates, I got some sites there, thanks a lot!
    http://imeeseeshoes.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-blogs-new-look.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw it! Love the new template. Glad I could help with the fonts!

      Delete