Thursday, August 23, 2012

Awesome Drake Equation interactive.

Have you ever looked up at the night sky and just wondered, out of so many stars and planets and galaxies... is there life, even intelligent life out there? Are we truly alone. The Drake Equation, created in the 1960s by Frank Drake, is an equation developed to calculate how many detectable alien civilizations may be out there in the universe. There is an awesome interactive on the BBC Future website that allows you to calculate this number, based on different parameters that you set up. I definitely recommend checking it out: Drake equation: How many alien civilizations exist?


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. That is very awesome. I've always loved the Drake Equation and wanted to play with it. This is soooo fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! I always try to share cool links like this when I find them.

      Delete
  2. this post is very interesting and easy to read .... I hope to visit again

    ReplyDelete