Sunday, September 9, 2012

And so, the semester has begun!

Even though I'm not far into fall semester here at UNF, and I'm already having to deal with late nights and tons of homework. (Welcome to the life of an engineering student!) I would say the semester has started off rather well, though. 

I'm taking several classes this semester. The most difficult seem to be my dynamics class, which is actually one of my favorites when it comes to general course content. All of my classes have an awesome aspect about them that I enjoy, so the heavy course load isn't so bad. 
My life
I've also been doing a lot with our school's student chapter of ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), since I am currently acting as president. Our first meeting is this Thursday, and I'm hoping to elect a new president, so I can return to my duty as VP. 

I'm thinking about joining a zumba class on campus once a week so I can relax and exercise, but I'm kinda nervous about it! I've never "zumba-ed" before. Do any of my readers know anything about it & can tell me what it is I'd be getting into? 

So that is my life as of late! I am looking forward to my twitter chat with girlpreneurs on September 13, you should all join me for that! I'm not sure what hashtag you have to use for it, but you can follow me on twitter here. And if you haven't seen my interview with STEMinist, you can see my post about it here



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. My husband is a member of ASME! He is currently in his last semester at Arizona State University for Mechanical Engineering.

    I really want to try Zumba too! I want to try it on XBOX Kinect. I play Dance Central a lot so I figure it probably won't be much different. If you take a class let me know how it goes :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry for the delayed response! That's awesome!! I didn't know he was studying mechanical engineering as well! How does he like it?
      I haven't gone to the zumba class yet, but when I do go, I'll let you know how it goes!

      Delete