Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pretty in pink!

If you haven't figured it out by now, I love space. It's a pretty well known fact; space just fascinates me. I love looking at Hubble images and just seeing the universe in ways I will never physically be able to. I especially love space images that are pink. (I'm a girl, what can I say?) I know that they are pink because of the filters used, (most images that are pink is due to filters to show hydrogen emission), but I love the coloring nonetheless. This post is a tribute to "pretty in pink" space pictures. 

Lagoon Nebula

Small Magellanic Cloud

M-81 Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/ESA/Harvard-Smithsonian CfA

Antennae Galaxies: NASA, ESA, and the Hubble Heritage Team, STScI/AURA-ESA/Hubble Collaboration

Butterfly nebula

NOTE: None of these images are mine. Not all image credits could be found. All image credits go to NASA, ESA, Hubble and proper entities. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment